Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd Nelson

Default Color Formatting

Two Questioins
1. What is the formula to use when you need cells in a column to switch text
colors if it is under a certain percentage. i.e. column "o" under 95%

2. Formula to change cell color of adjacents cells to yellow if between
0:06-0:10 seconds, red if over 0:11 seconds? ie. column c 0:07 seconds,
columns a-e = yellow.

thank you!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan

Not a formula in the cell but Conditional Formatting will do this very well.
Look it up in 'Help'
Regards,
Alan.
"Todd Nelson" wrote in message
Two Questioins
1. What is the formula to use when you need cells in a column to switch
text
colors if it is under a certain percentage. i.e. column "o" under 95%

2. Formula to change cell color of adjacents cells to yellow if between
0:06-0:10 seconds, red if over 0:11 seconds? ie. column c 0:07 seconds,
columns a-e = yellow.

thank you!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jordun

Hi Todd

You can't change formatting with formula.
But you can use Conditional Formatting (Format---Conditional
Formatting). There you can control the format of a range (or individual
cell) according to its value or by means of a formula.

You can use, of course, Vba.

--
jordun

jordun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33118
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529349

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd Nelson

When I use the conditional formatting I am not able to find where I can color
adjacent cells as well, I can only color the one cell in reference

"jordun" wrote:

Hi Todd

You can't change formatting with formula.
But you can use Conditional Formatting (Format---Conditional
Formatting). There you can control the format of a range (or individual
cell) according to its value or by means of a formula.

You can use, of course, Vba.

--
jordun

jordun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33118
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529349

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
which cells get colored depend on which cells/columns are selected
based on you formula which is adjusted for each cell based on the active cell.
So your formula would use $ in front of the column letter to show /that/ that
column is the one to be tested.
---
HTH,

"jordun" wrote:

Hi Todd

You can't change formatting with formula.
But you can use Conditional Formatting (Format---Conditional
Formatting). There you can control the format of a range (or individual
cell) according to its value or by means of a formula.

You can use, of course, Vba.

--
jordun

jordun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33118
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529349

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You select the adjacent cell and apply the same condition to it, referencing
the other cell.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"jordun" wrote:

Hi Todd

You can't change formatting with formula.
But you can use Conditional Formatting (Format---Conditional
Formatting). There you can control the format of a range (or individual
cell) according to its value or by means of a formula.

You can use, of course, Vba.

--
jordun

jordun's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Correction, see
Conditional Formatting
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

If you do it as I mentioned you only have to apply the formula once
no copying.

"jordun" wrote:

Hi Todd

You can't change formatting with formula.
But you can use Conditional Formatting (Format---Conditional
Formatting). There you can control the format of a range (or individual
cell) according to its value or by means of a formula.

You can use, of course, Vba.

--
jordun

jordun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33118
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529349

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd Nelson

Ok, I am thoroughly confused by this. When using the format painter it is
encountering a problem because the cell values are different. I have a time
span in the 1st column, a number value in the 2nd and time in seconds in the
third. The painter automatically changes the cell format.

"Todd Nelson" wrote:

Two Questioins
1. What is the formula to use when you need cells in a column to switch text
colors if it is under a certain percentage. i.e. column "o" under 95%

2. Formula to change cell color of adjacents cells to yellow if between
0:06-0:10 seconds, red if over 0:11 seconds? ie. column c 0:07 seconds,
columns a-e = yellow.

thank you!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd Nelson

wow, this was a lot easier than I made it, thank you to everyone for helping
stupid me get this one figured out!