Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
H0MELY

Default Subtotals including blank rows

Greetings, I use the subtotals feature frequently...recently something weird
has happened. When I use the subtotals feature it inserts a blank row after
the last group. I have determined that the empty row is a direct result of a
previous row that has been removed. Here is an example...

I have a spreadsheet that has 50 rows and 10 columns...

1.) I do a subtotal for the 1st column and it has 5 groups...(subtotal
works fine)

2.) I remove the subtotal

3.) I sort by the 2nd Column

4.) I subtotal column 2 and the subtotal selects a total of 56 rows (one
blank row for each previous subtotaled group and one for the grand total row)

This event occurs each time I remove or delete a row. 2nd subtotal had 6
groups...after I remove that subtotal and do teh next subtotal it has 63 rows
of which 13 are now empty. I hope you see the pattern.

The end result of this is that the subtotals appear to get me correct data,
the problem occurs when I want to sort the data. It won't sort properly. I
was hoping that someone may have seen this previously and have a fix for me.
VERY Annoying with the amount of data I am working with. Thanks in advance
for looking. I am also using Excel 2002