Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
john.jacobs71

Default copy cell results and not underlying formulas

This is very basic I am sure, but how do you copy and paste the results of a
cell which is the product of a formula to a different cell without having the
formula tag along and operate on the cells which relate to the target cell in
the same relation that it relates to the copied cell???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

Right click in the cell containing the formula and choose 'copy'.
Right click in the cell where you wish to paste the value and choose "Paste
Special".
Then click on:
<Values
<OK
<Esc

--
HTH,

RD

"john.jacobs71" wrote in message
This is very basic I am sure, but how do you copy and paste the results of

cell which is the product of a formula to a different cell without having

the
formula tag along and operate on the cells which relate to the target cell

in
the same relation that it relates to the copied cell???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi John,
Wow too much information for one sentence..

Copy your cell with Ctrl+C, then paste it where you want it with
Edit, Paste Special, Values.
---
HTH,

"john.jacobs71" wrote in message ...
This is very basic I am sure, but how do you copy and paste the results of a
cell which is the product of a formula to a different cell without having the
formula tag along and operate on the cells which relate to the target cell in
the same relation that it relates to the copied cell???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainQuattro

To paste the values of a range that you have copied to the clipboard:

Right-click on the destination cell and choose Paste Special...

Then select Values and Click OK.

If you want to get fancy, you can bypass the mouse and do the whole
copying and pasting routine with the keyboard.

To copy:

Hold down Ctrl and press C

To paste values:

press Alt then E then S then V then Enter

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763