Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rocky Lane

Default Change Excel Find & Replace Options Defaults

Office Professional 2003

Under Excel Find & Replace Options, there are 3 drop down boxes:
Within: default is Sheet
Search: default is Rows
Look In: default is Formulas

I want to permanently change:
Search default = Columns
Look In default = Values

Can this be done? If so, how - registry modification maybe? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

how about a macro you assign to a button or shape. I just recorded this. Add
an input box for what and another input box for replacement and modify to
suit.

Sub Macro9()
'
' Macro9 Macro
' Macro recorded 3/29/2006 by Don Guillett
'

'
Cells.Select
Selection.Replace What:="aa", Replacement:="dd", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
Range("H17").Select
End Sub

modified
Sub replacestuff()
mywhat = InputBox("what to replace")
myrepl = InputBox("replacement")
Sheets("sheet9").Cells.Replace What:=mywhat, Replacement:=myrepl,
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software