Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeanne

Default Change data in a single column from "last, first" to "first last"

I have a column of names that I want to export to a mail merge. It's a single
column with last name separated by comma followed by first name. How do I
change it to first name and last, no comma

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Jeanne,

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#firstname
for both macro solution and worksheet solution.

A worksheet solution is:
=TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1)
This allows for there to be a space or no space after the comma in the original.

---
HTH,

"Jeanne" wrote in message ...
I have a column of names that I want to export to a mail merge. It's a single
column with last name separated by comma followed by first name. How do I
change it to first name and last, no comma

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BigPig

H Jeanne,

If you Names are in Column A, and the last and first are separated by a ","
then:
In column B, you could put:
=MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-(FIND(",",A1)+1))

Hope this helps.