-   -   Copying a Excel workbook to CD (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/79755-copying-excel-workbook-cd.html)

Jon Rodriguez

Copying a Excel workbook to CD

I made a workbook, copied to a CD, opened in another computer to copy it to
my documents and the workbook is now read only and will not load onto the
second computer. I tried Shared Documents and Explorer and un-checked read
only. Still copies as read only.

CLR

Copying a Excel workbook to CD

Try copyig the file from the CD to the new computer's hard drive, and once
there, then un-checking the read only.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jon Rodriguez" <Jon wrote in message
I made a workbook, copied to a CD, opened in another computer to copy it

my documents and the workbook is now read only and will not load onto the
second computer. I tried Shared Documents and Explorer and un-checked read
only. Still copies as read only.

Elaine

Copying a Excel workbook to CD

Can you please tell me how you copied your Excel spreadsheet onto a CD. I
can't seem to be able to do it.
--
Elaine

"Jon Rodriguez" wrote:

I made a workbook, copied to a CD, opened in another computer to copy it to
my documents and the workbook is now read only and will not load onto the
second computer. I tried Shared Documents and Explorer and un-checked read
only. Still copies as read only.

Gord Dibben

Copying a Excel workbook to CD

See Windows Help on "burning a CD"