-   -   I can't move my page breaks in Page Break Preview (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/79647-i-cant-move-my-page-breaks-page-break-preview.html)

btaft

I can't move my page breaks in Page Break Preview

I suddenly can't adjust my page breaks in any Excel spreadsheet while in Page
Break Preview. Is there some option to turn it on and off?

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: I can't move my page breaks in Page Break Preview

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble adjusting your page breaks in Page Break Preview. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.
  1. First, make sure that you're in Page Break Preview mode. You can check this by going to the View tab on the ribbon and selecting Page Break Preview. If you're already in Page Break Preview mode, great! If not, switch to it and see if that helps.
  2. Next, try clicking and dragging the page break lines to adjust them. If you're having trouble clicking on the page break lines, try zooming in or out to make them easier to see and click on.
  3. If you're still having trouble, it's possible that the "Enable Editing" button is turned off. This button is located in the yellow bar at the top of the worksheet and allows you to make changes to the worksheet. If it's turned off, you won't be able to adjust the page breaks. Simply click on the button to turn it on.
  4. If none of these solutions work, it's possible that there's a glitch in Excel. Try closing and reopening Excel, or restarting your computer, to see if that helps.

I hope this helps you adjust your page breaks in Page Break Preview!

Debra Dalgleish

I can't move my page breaks in Page Break Preview

Is drag and drop enabled? To check, choose ToolsOptions
On the Edit tab, add a check mark to Allow cell drag and drop.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

CaptainQuattro

I can't move my page breaks in Page Break Preview

If the scaling opting in File Page Setup is set to

Fit to . . . instead of Adjust to . . .
you won't be able to override the page breaks.

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763

robertestonge

"btaft" wrote:

I suddenly can't adjust my page breaks in any Excel spreadsheet while in Page
Break Preview. Is there some option to turn it on and off?

Gord Dibben

I can't move my page breaks in Page Break Preview

Do you have more than one sheet selected?

If so, you should see [Group] in the title bar.

Right-click on a sheet tab and "ungroup sheets"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:39:02 -0700, robertestonge
wrote:

"btaft" wrote:

I suddenly can't adjust my page breaks in any Excel spreadsheet while in Page
Break Preview. Is there some option to turn it on and off?

Ragdyer

I can't move my page breaks in Page Break Preview

Another possible fix:

<Tools <Options <Edit tab,
And *CHECK*
"Allow Cell Drag & Drop".