Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Weasel

Default Can you put a formula in the middle of text?

In cell F2 of a sheet named "main flash" I want to have it display the
following:

"for week 42 ending"

The week 42 part would come from another sheet named "actuals" that's
in the same workbook.

--
Weasel
Weasel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27206

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You could do something like this:
="for week "&E2&" ending"

Andy.

"Weasel" wrote in
message ...

In cell F2 of a sheet named "main flash" I want to have it display the
following:

"for week 42 ending"

The week 42 part would come from another sheet named "actuals" that's
in the same workbook.

--
Weasel
Weasel's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=525683

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

="for week " & actuals!x99 & " ending"

You could even do:

="Please pay me by: " & text(a1,"mm/dd/yyyy")

to get the formatting the way you want.

Weasel wrote:

In cell F2 of a sheet named "main flash" I want to have it display the
following:

"for week 42 ending"

The week 42 part would come from another sheet named "actuals" that's
in the same workbook.

--
Weasel
Weasel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27206
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=525683

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cereldine

would the same formula/method apply for making a chart haeading label
responsive?

My chart is driven by the vaue of A1 which is defined by a combo box. I
would like the chart heading to look something like

= "estimated VAT For" & A1

--
cereldine
cereldine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32069

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I don't think so. Have a look here for a pretty exhaustive site on charts:
http://www.contextures.com/JPChartIndex.htm

Andy.

"cereldine" wrote
in message ...

would the same formula/method apply for making a chart haeading label
responsive?

My chart is driven by the vaue of A1 which is defined by a combo box. I
would like the chart heading to look something like

= "estimated VAT For" & A1

--
cereldine
cereldine's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=525683

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David

cereldine wrote

would the same formula/method apply for making a chart haeading label
responsive?

My chart is driven by the vaue of A1 which is defined by a combo box. I
would like the chart heading to look something like

= "estimated VAT For" & A1

The way I accomplished this was to tuck the source for the chart title away
in a cell (say B30) in a hidden row (30) and then refer the chart title box
to that:
B30 ="estimated VAT For" & A1
Chart Title reference: =Sheet1!B30 <--Sheetname needed for some reason.
Once you place your formula in the cell you will eventually hide (for
cosmetic reasons), you can click the Chart Title box, type =, and click the
cell with the formula and the sheet name will automatically be added.
Hope I haven't confused you too much.

--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cereldine

Thanks David, works a treat for anyone else looking to have more
informative charts