Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Network Guru

Default color code cells based on golddigger formula

Okay, I am using Excel to manage my dating life. I would like to color
code desirable dates green, iffy ones yellow, and ones to avoid, red

Here is my formula:

golddigger ratio % = (cost of date/reaction of the date) x 2

Reaction of date is from 1 to 5 with 1 being date was very dissatisfied, and
5 being extremely happy.

So assume I shell out 50 bux on a date (50 is my monthly dating budget) and
date is a 1 on the happiness scale:

(50/1)*2 = 100% There is a 100% probability my date was a golddigger

40 dollars and a 2 on the happiness scale =

(40/2) * 2= 40% chance of date being a golddigger.

5 dollars on date and 5 on happiness scale =

(5/5)*2 = 2% chance of being golddigger

NOW hereis what I'd like to do: Color cells, green, yellow, or red

0-33% Want cell colored Green
34-66% Yellow
67%-100% Red

Esentially, I want to color code things to make selection process easier. Do
I need a macro for this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
galimi

Being an Excel developer & a person who pays exorbitant child support, I feel
in the best position to answer this question

You can use conditional formatting under the format menu. Check out
LiarWife.com while your at it.

--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"Network Guru" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Network Guru

thanks for the info on conditional format , and your blog is interesting.
I'll stay single after reading all this.

http://mirrorofthesoul.blogspot.com/

another blog you may find interesting. I got my golddigger formula from a
posting this man made on another board. after reading this blog and your
blog, i will stay single.