Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tushar

Default exel files are not opening?

When I try to open the execel file on my desktop it gives message the file or
path name changes or the necessary lib files are missing. But same files are
opening when I am first open a blank file then with file open option given a
full path and open? only exel file are effected . Please help me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then