Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bobby

Default Split or cut a value reverse trunc()???

Hello,

I have a list of numbers in one column that look like this 06-6102-00-5969 I
want to write a formula in a separate column that will capture only the last
4 digits, 5969. I want to disregard, the first part of the number and only
save the last 4, possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB

if your column of numbers begin w/cell A1, then in an empty column

=RIGHT(A1, 4)

Then copy down as far as necessary. If you need the values hardcoded so
that you can delete the original data, select this new column and Copy, then
click Edit/Paste Special, select Values.