Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ben simpson

Default Finding a match and adding to the statement

I'm using the formula:
=IF(MATCH(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,1),"Added Holiday(s) For:","")

What I'm wanting to do is to add the information from 'Data Sheet'!B4:B103
to print out after the "Added" statement (the actual name of the holiday
listed). What would be the best way to accomplish this?....Thanks....Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,1)),"","Added Holiday(s) For:
"&VLOOKUP(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:B103,2))

Biff

"ben simpson" wrote in message
I'm using the formula:
=IF(MATCH(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,1),"Added Holiday(s) For:","")

What I'm wanting to do is to add the information from 'Data Sheet'!B4:B103
to print out after the "Added" statement (the actual name of the holiday
listed). What would be the best way to accomplish this?....Thanks....Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ben simpson

Hi there. Thanks for looking in. I tried the formula and realized that
there might be as many as 4 matches. This only listed the last match. How
can i make it list all of them?.....Ben

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,1)),"","Added Holiday(s) For:
"&VLOOKUP(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:B103,2))

Biff

"ben simpson" wrote in message
I'm using the formula:
=IF(MATCH(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,1),"Added Holiday(s) For:","")

What I'm wanting to do is to add the information from 'Data Sheet'!B4:B103
to print out after the "Added" statement (the actual name of the holiday
listed). What would be the best way to accomplish this?....Thanks....Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi there. Thanks for looking in. I tried the formula and realized that
there might be as many as 4 matches. This only listed the last match.
How
can i make it list all of them?.....Ben

Ugh!

I see you're using the match_type 1 that means your data is sorted ascending
meaning that if an exact match isn't found then find the closest match. So,
would these other matches be exact matches or the closest matches?

If you're going for the closest match this will be very complicated and the
resultant formula will be very long.

Any chance I can see your file?

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,1)),"","Added Holiday(s) For:
"&VLOOKUP(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:B103,2))

Biff

"ben simpson" wrote in message
I'm using the formula:
=IF(MATCH(C51,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,1),"Added Holiday(s) For:","")

What I'm wanting to do is to add the information from 'Data
Sheet'!B4:B103
to print out after the "Added" statement (the actual name of the
holiday
listed). What would be the best way to accomplish
this?....Thanks....Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ben simpson

Well...oops...its supposed to be a 0 match. It will be an exact match. I'm
matching a list of dates (holidays that I've looked up manually) against
todays date when it falls within a work cycle. The message needs to remain
there thru the end of the cycle (which I can easily reference).

I broke it down into 2 parts (Keeping the "Added" statement seperate, in in
the preceeding cell).

It now looks like this:
In A28
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(F51:AF52,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,0)),"","Added Holiday(s) For:")

In C28
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(F51:AF52,'Data Sheet'!A4:A103,0)),"",VLOOKUP(C51,'Data
Sheet'!A4:B103,0))

The F51:AF52 is the range of dates that I need to compare the list against.
All of this of course lists only the last match it finds, while needing all
the matches it finds listed.

Unfortuneately I can't send it for you to look at. I'm locked out, and
can't get permission to do so.

Thanks again.....Ben