Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Olle Svensson

Default Sheet name to cell.

I've looked around here and found this formula for making the sheet name
appear in a cell:
=MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)

I can not get it to work. At all. I want to use it to link sheets to a
summary sheet. If anyone could give me a step-by-step, that would be great.
Thanks.

P.S. What I really want to do is to make a template where every time I copy
one of the template sheets, the new one ends up with sheet name in the
Summary sheet as well as links to different cells in the new sheet. Is it
possible to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

In cell A22 on the Summary sheet, use the following formula:

=MID(CELL("Filename",FormulaSheet1!A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",FormulaSheet1!A1))+1,255)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Olle Svensson" wrote in
message
It is saved. That is not the matter. See, I want to make the
filename of
FormulaSheet1 show up in cell A22 on the Summary sheet. Exactly
how do I do
that? Just reading the formula does not help me at all.

"paul" wrote:

what do you mean it doesnt work?The file MUST be saved before
you will see
anything in the cell....You will prolly need to use the
indirect function to
get a shheet reference from your formula....the last part your
question will
require a macro
--
paul