Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jpoltor

Default please help

When I input an expense number in a cell I would like the cell to ask me
if it is one of three options refurbishment, foundation, or marketing.
Once one of those options are chosen it then extracts that number and
puts it in one of three categories or columns on another worksheet.

--
jpoltor
jpoltor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32596

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EdMac

Not entirely clear what you want to do. If you want to produce a
summary of the totals it can be done easily, if you want the whole set
of cell for each type copied, thgat would require code.

For a summary:

Sheet1
Col A - amount
Col B - set up Data Validation List with the expense type

Sheet2
Enter in a cell =SUMIF(Sheet1ColBRange,Expense type,Sheet1ColARange)
substituting as required.

HTH

Ed

--
EdMac
EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30736

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

jpoltor Wrote:
When I input an expense number in a cell I would like the cell to ask me
if it is one of three options refurbishment, foundation, or marketing.
Once one of those options are chosen it then extracts that number and
puts it in one of three categories or columns on another worksheet.

I dont know how to better explain

Thanks

What happened to the answer I gave you last night??

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708