Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jpoltor

Default multiple input questions

ok so here is the question

Im not sure if excel can do this but just learning daily Im not sure
what it can not do.

I have a checking account worksheet and everytime I input in one of the
cells I would like it to ask me what type of expense was it referral,
rental property or commission

Then I would like it to send that expense to another worksheet that
tracks each individual category

Thanks
JP

--
jpoltor
jpoltor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32596

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

If you only have three accounts, then here is an easy way to do it,
select the cell you want the account to show up and then goto
Data,Validation,List and type in the three accounts like this
for this example use A1

referral, rental property,commission

then you have a dropdown menu in that cell

then in the three columns that you are keeping track of these account
type in this formula

We'll use A1 as the account name
B1 as the amount
A2 =If(A1="Referral",B1,0)
B2 =if(A1="Rental Property",B1,0)
C2 =if(A1="Commision",B1,0)

Check out data validation at, for more information

davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=524127