Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jpoltor

Default problem with formula

Im new to the excel program
What I would like to do is add three cells b1+e1+h1 and make them equal
100% then i would like in cell b2, b1=?% of 100%, e2, e1=?% of 100%, h2,
h1=?% 0f 100%

I would then like to turn the percent into a decimal and multiply that
by a value in a different cell. I would like to do that for b3,e3, and
h3

Please help
Thanks
JP

--
jpoltor
jpoltor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32596

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

In B2 put

=B1/SUM($B$1,$E$1,$H$1)

in E2

=E1/SUM($B$1,$E$1,$H$1)

in H2

=H1/SUM($B$1,$E$1,$H$1)

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"jpoltor" wrote in
message ...

Im new to the excel program
What I would like to do is add three cells b1+e1+h1 and make them equal
100% then i would like in cell b2, b1=?% of 100%, e2, e1=?% of 100%, h2,
h1=?% 0f 100%

I would then like to turn the percent into a decimal and multiply that
by a value in a different cell. I would like to do that for b3,e3, and
h3

Please help
Thanks
JP

--
jpoltor
jpoltor's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=523971

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

Enter this in A2
=A1/SUM($A$1:$C$1)

enter this in B2
=B1/SUM($A$1:$C$1)

enter this in C2
=C1/SUM($A$1:$C$1)

You can format the three cells to read as percentages
Highlite the cells(A2:C2), right click on the mouse and select format
cells=number=percentage, select the decimal you want, and enter

in cell A3 enter a formula such as
=A2*whatever

--
davesexcel