Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bcamp1973

Default kill "enable macros" message

i created a macro in a spreadsheet...then killed it. however, now every
time i open the spreadsheet i get the message asking whether or not i
want to enable macros...how do i get rid of this?

--
bcamp1973
bcamp1973's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32268

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

You also have to delete the module where the macro was located.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"bcamp1973" wrote:

i created a macro in a spreadsheet...then killed it. however, now every
time i open the spreadsheet i get the message asking whether or not i
want to enable macros...how do i get rid of this?

--
bcamp1973
bcamp1973's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32268
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522880

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Hi bcamp1973. If you go to tools - macros - visual basic editor you'll see
the modules in the left hand frame. However, please don't just start
removing modules until someone more familiar with the process responds to
your question. I am unqualified to give VBA advice. Sorry I couldn't be
more helpful.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"bcamp1973" wrote:

what is a module?

Michael Wrote:
You also have to delete the module where the macro was located.

--
bcamp1973
bcamp1973's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32268
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522880

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bcamp1973

Thanks Michael, that was actually helpful...in my mucking about to
create a macro i created a module (which i then forgot about) but i saw
it in the list and deleted it. No longer an issue...

Thanks!
Brian

Michael Wrote:
Hi bcamp1973. If you go to tools - macros - visual basic editor you'll
see
the modules in the left hand frame. However, please don't just start
removing modules until someone more familiar with the process responds
your question. I am unqualified to give VBA advice. Sorry I couldn't
be
more helpful.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin