-   -   Macro Pop Ups (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77541-macro-pop-ups.html)

Chuck N

Macro Pop Ups

The warning keeps popping up about macros when i open some files i
created. None of them have macros anymore. What is going on?

Thanks for your help!

--
Chuck N
Chuck N's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27057

Dave Peterson

Macro Pop Ups

Debra Dalgleish shows how to clean up all the remnants of macros:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

Chuck N wrote:

The warning keeps popping up about macros when i open some files i
created. None of them have macros anymore. What is going on?

Thanks for your help!

--
Chuck N
Chuck N's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27057
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522795

--

Dave Peterson

Chuck N

Macro Pop Ups

sweet, i love finding my own answers. So I guess even after you delete
the macro from excel, it still thinks its there. So what I did was I
went to the VB Editor by pressing Alt+F11, pressed Control + R to get
the menu on the left and delete my code that was still there on the
sheet. Then I pressed the + sign next to Module, right clicked, and
deleted the module. I guess this is like the skelaton of the Macro
that Excel thinks is a Macro. After that I closed the windows, saved,
and whallla, no more pesky windows about Macros ;)