Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Leleux

Default Creating A Summary Sheet With Information From Several Worksheets

Hi, I am trying to prepare an income statement for my co-operative. I have
separate worksheets for the subscriptions of each member together with the
dates and amounts they have paid. I am looking to produce a summary sheet
that can show each individual contribution by each member during any given
month. Currently I am copying each individual transaction - surely there's a
better way?
--
Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

the better way is to work from a database where you enter the information all
in one place. Then you can easily build your individual sheets or your
summary sheet from that information.

Beyond that, you might look in Data=Consolidate

Tom Ogilvy

"Tim Leleux" wrote:

Hi, I am trying to prepare an income statement for my co-operative. I have
dates and amounts they have paid. I am looking to produce a summary sheet
that can show each individual contribution by each member during any given
month. Currently I am copying each individual transaction - surely there's a
better way?
--
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
piyush1982

Default Creating A Summary Sheet With Information From Several Workshe

This might not be exactly what you are after, but as a follow up, you could
put all the information in one sheet row by row, (instead of the more
intimidating Database suggested by Tom), and create from that a pivot table
to extract the information in a very flexible way.

I personally find Pivot Tables excellent and intuitive to prepare, and easy
to manipulate. Also useful for the end user if it is not you.

Just thought I'd add this dimension from the user's perspective!