Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SusieMuir

Default how can I cross reference 1 excel spreadsheet against another

Please help!
I have a very simple database of names & addresses on 1 excel spreadsheet
and I want to cross reference them against another. I sthere a quick way of
doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe using =vlookup() or =index(match()).

You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

Using an unique identifier between the two, look in Excel help at

Vlookup

or if the identifier is no in the left most column of the data of interest
then look at

=Index(Othersheet!column1,match(identifier,OtherSh eet!column3,0),1)

where the pseudo references would need to be replaced by the actual range