Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FGOMEZ

Default Formula

I have 2 columns as follow:
Code Amount
1000.200 75.00
5000.100 50.00
5000.200 100.00
5010.200 100.00
5020.200 100.00
5100.100 150.00
5200.100 175.00
5300.200 170.00
and so on I am trying to build a formula that gives me the summary of all
the codes that start with 50 and end with 200, the total have to meet the 2
conditions.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

in d1 enter:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A8,2)="50"),--(RIGHT(A1:A8,3)="200"),B1:B8)

"FGOMEZ" wrote:

I have 2 columns as follow:
Code Amount
1000.200 75.00
5000.100 50.00
5000.200 100.00
5010.200 100.00
5020.200 100.00
5100.100 150.00
5200.100 175.00
5300.200 170.00
and so on I am trying to build a formula that gives me the summary of all
the codes that start with 50 and end with 200, the total have to meet the 2
conditions.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I would CONCATENATE those portions of Code (Column A) and Amount (Column B)of
interest in column C using this formula copied down........

=LEFT(A1,2)&"-"&RIGHT(A1,3)

Then use a simple SUMIF formula in cell D1 to get the result.......

=SUMIF(C:C,"50-200",B:B)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"FGOMEZ" wrote:

I have 2 columns as follow:
Code Amount
1000.200 75.00
5000.100 50.00
5000.200 100.00
5010.200 100.00
5020.200 100.00
5100.100 150.00
5200.100 175.00
5300.200 170.00
and so on I am trying to build a formula that gives me the summary of all
the codes that start with 50 and end with 200, the total have to meet the 2
conditions.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FGOMEZ

Thanks Jim,
But unfortunately it did not work, as the last 2 zeros are ignored by Excel,
I substitute that formula with Mid(A1:A8,6,3)="300" and looks like it could
work, but I see -- in your fomula is that a double minus sign or something
else (that is what I read).

Fernando

"FGOMEZ" wrote:

I have 2 columns as follow:
Code Amount
1000.200 75.00
5000.100 50.00
5000.200 100.00
5010.200 100.00
5020.200 100.00
5100.100 150.00
5200.100 175.00
5300.200 170.00
and so on I am trying to build a formula that gives me the summary of

all
the codes that start with 50 and end with 200, the total have to meet

the 2
conditions.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

If the Code is formatted as text, Jim's solution will work. Using MID is no
different to using RIGHT so I cannot see how one works and the other doesn't.

I used the same formula as Jim and it worked OK for me.