Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DJ

Default expressing minutes negatively

I can figure out how to subtract one date/time from another, but the answer
is always expressed "positively". I am trying to express a negative value.
In other words, I'm trying to show a difference (in hh,mm) of something being
"early" by 15 minutes versus being "late" by 15 minutes.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

F1: <end time
F2: <start time

As Excel shows negative times as ##### take largest from smallest and prefix
by negative sign.

=IF(F1<F2,TEXT(F2-F1,"-" & "hh:mm"),F1-F2)

HTH

"DJ" wrote:

I can figure out how to subtract one date/time from another, but the answer
is always expressed "positively". I am trying to express a negative value.
In other words, I'm trying to show a difference (in hh,mm) of something being
"early" by 15 minutes versus being "late" by 15 minutes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

ToolsOptionsCalculation check Calendar since 1904

Format your result as [h]:mm:ss

HTH
--
AP