Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lee

Default Formatting a cell to calculate time.

I have a time sheet that has a group of cells that calculate vacation or sick
time earned and used. How do I format a cell so that 0:45 shown in the cell
means 45 minutes and not 12:45 am.
--
Lee Davenport
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Custom formatting: [m]

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Lee€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have a time sheet that has a group of cells that calculate vacation or sick
time earned and used. How do I format a cell so that 0:45 shown in the cell
means 45 minutes and not 12:45 am.
--
Lee Davenport

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lee

This is what I have. I have a time sheet that has an area that calculates
vacation, sick, and comp time hours earned and used each month. It transfers
ending balances automatically to the next sheet/month. This month, March, I
had a beginning comp time balance of 45 minutes/:45 which is shown in cell
O22 as 0:45. So far I have earned 2 hours and 45 minutes/2:45 in comp time
shown in cell O25 as 2:45 and have used 3 hours and 30 minutes/3:30 of comp
time shown in cell O23 as 3:30 leaving me with zero time currently. However
the ending balance shown in cell O26 shows #########. The formula I have for
cell O26 is =O22+O25-O23. I think my problem is that the cells are formatted
so that the values shown are calculated as time of day instead of simply
hours and minutes. Any fixes for this?
--
Lee Davenport

"Stefi" wrote:

Custom formatting: [m]

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Lee€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have a time sheet that has a group of cells that calculate vacation or sick
time earned and used. How do I format a cell so that 0:45 shown in the cell
means 45 minutes and not 12:45 am.
--
Lee Davenport

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Hi Lee,

The only problem I can think of is column width, because for me the values
in your example gave 0:00 when column O was formatted h:mm, and 0 when
formatted [m]. Increase column width, and post what happens!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Lee€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

This is what I have. I have a time sheet that has an area that calculates
vacation, sick, and comp time hours earned and used each month. It transfers
ending balances automatically to the next sheet/month. This month, March, I
had a beginning comp time balance of 45 minutes/:45 which is shown in cell
O22 as 0:45. So far I have earned 2 hours and 45 minutes/2:45 in comp time
shown in cell O25 as 2:45 and have used 3 hours and 30 minutes/3:30 of comp
time shown in cell O23 as 3:30 leaving me with zero time currently. However
the ending balance shown in cell O26 shows #########. The formula I have for
cell O26 is =O22+O25-O23. I think my problem is that the cells are formatted
so that the values shown are calculated as time of day instead of simply
hours and minutes. Any fixes for this?
--
Lee Davenport

"Stefi" wrote: