Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
debbiemc

Default Trying to extract every third line

I am trying to find a way for a formula to select and extract every 3rd line
or record.
--
Debbie Mc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
B. R.Ramachandran

Hi,

Assuming that the data start at A2 in Sheet1, and that you want to extract
every 3rd row of that sheet into a new sheet, enter the following formula in
A2 of the new sheet:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,(ROW()-ROW($A$2))*3,COLUMN()-1)

If the original data start at a cell other than A2 in Sheet1, or if you want
the extracted data to start at a different cell (not A2) in the new sheet,
modify the formula accordingly.

Drag the formula across the columns by as many columns as there are in the
original sheet, and down the rows by about 1/3rd as many rows as there are in
the original sheet. If you go beyond, the formula will create blocks of
zeros that you may easily delete.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"debbiemc" wrote:

I am trying to find a way for a formula to select and extract every 3rd line
or record.
--
Debbie Mc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
debbiemc

For a mailing I am doing. I want to extract contact information that would
allow me a variety demographically. However, I will need to extract different
records the following month, and so on.
--
Debbie Mc.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

To do what with it?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"debbiemc" wrote in message
I am trying to find a way for a formula to select and extract every 3rd

line
or record.
--
Debbie Mc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
debbiemc

Ok, I've tried this and in my new sheet in the cell is #Name?

what did I do wrong, or what do I need to do from here. I am unclear when
you say drag your formula across the columns, do you mean cut & paste?
--
Debbie Mc.