Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MABeatty

Default Keep values after lookup

What I am looking to do is perform a lookup on some values from one
worksheet into another. However, after the values are looked up i want
to be able to paste new data into the souce sheet, but retain the
origianl values

Example
I would like to merge the value in the source sheet (4,5,5) into the
destination under "Apr". And then past new data into the source while
keeping the original 4,5,5. There are not always the same number of
people so a simple Sort/Copy/Paste will not work

Source
Score
Smith 4
Johnson 5
Howard 5

Destination
Jan Feb Mar Apr
Smith 3 6
Brown 3 3
Johnson 5 2 6
Howard 5 2

--
MABeatty
MABeatty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32258

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

MABeatty wrote:
[...]

Select the column then Copy and Paste Special-Values