Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ahaigh

Default Converting to date format

Hi,

I have an Access table with a selection of monthly reports in. These
are labelled "November 2005" for example in one of the coumns.

I would like to be able to simply copy this table from Access into an
Excel worksheet. However, when I've done this Excel will not recognise
"November 2005" as a date in any way.

Is there any way in excel I could alter "November 2005" to an excel
date format? (eg "Nov-05") I've tried to set this up in Access without
any success.

Thanks,

--
ahaigh
ahaigh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32414

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MABeatty

One suggestion would be to create a Find/Replace Macro.

Find January Replace with: Jan-
Find February Replace with: Feb-