Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Moles

Default Excel use another Workbook for data validation range.

I would like to be able to use other worksheets or other workbooks for data
validation range.
Currently the validation range must be on the same sheet & although there
are macro workrounds, I find this restrictive.
Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You can use data on another sheet, if the range is named. There are
instructions he

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

"Paul Moles" wrote:

I would like to be able to use other worksheets or other workbooks for data
validation range.
Currently the validation range must be on the same sheet & although there
are macro workrounds, I find this restrictive.
Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

AFAIK, validation range must be in same workbook.

If in another workbook, must be named

HTH
--
AP

"Paul Moles" a écrit dans le message
de ...
I would like to be able to use other worksheets or other workbooks for

data
validation range.
Currently the validation range must be on the same sheet & although there
are macro workrounds, I find this restrictive.
Thanks

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Moles

Many Thanks, just shows you never know till you ask.
Just a bit of a pain that both files have to be open at the same time, can't
have everything
Again Many Thanks
Paul