Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Slong

Default Need to Reinstall Excel

After I had to quarantine excel.exe due to a virus, I can no longer open the
program. The error message says "Source file not
found:C\MSOCache\AllUsers\.....". Do I need to re-install the program from
the MS Office disc that came with the compueter? If so, can I re-install
only Excel without affecting the other office programs?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
grahammal

If you do a 'Custom' install, you can then just install 'Excel', you
should be able to use any Office disk as long as its the same version.

--
grahammal
grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20336

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Slong

I tried to repair from the MS Office Small Business CD, but I get "Error
1311. Source file not found:D:\ZF561407.CAB" The Small Business Office suite
was pre-loaded when I purchased the system from the OEM. Any ideas?

"grahammal" wrote:

If you do a 'Custom' install, you can then just install 'Excel', you
should be able to use any Office disk as long as its the same version.

--
grahammal
grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20336
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521376

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875556/en-us helps.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"grahammal" wrote:

If you do a 'Custom' install, you can then just install
'Excel', you
should be able to use any Office disk as long as its the same
version.

--
grahammal
grahammal's Profile: