Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joyner

Default Not all data prints on legal paper but does on other computer.

I have the same worksheet on two different computers. On my desktop, I can
set the page size to legal (it shows 8 1/2 x 14). My laptop only gives me
the choice of legal (no specific size) and the same data that fits fine on
the desktop computer does not fit on the laptop print out I just upgrade
the laptop to version 2003 but it still doesn't offer me a specific page
size. It also doesn't offer me to choose print quality (high, med., etc.)
I'd greatly appreciate help with this dilemna.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"joyner" wrote in message
I have the same worksheet on two different computers. On my desktop, I can
set the page size to legal (it shows 8 1/2 x 14). My laptop only gives me
the choice of legal (no specific size) and the same data that fits fine on
the desktop computer does not fit on the laptop print out I just upgrade
the laptop to version 2003 but it still doesn't offer me a specific page
size. It also doesn't offer me to choose print quality (high, med., etc.)
I'd greatly appreciate help with this dilemna.

Are you sending the page to the same printer on both machines?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joyner

"joyner" wrote:

I have the same worksheet on two different computers. On my desktop, I can
set the page size to legal (it shows 8 1/2 x 14). My laptop only gives me
the choice of legal (no specific size) and the same data that fits fine on
the desktop computer does not fit on the laptop print out I just upgrade
the laptop to version 2003 but it still doesn't offer me a specific page
size. It also doesn't offer me to choose print quality (high, med., etc.)
I'd greatly appreciate help with this dilemna.

The margins on the laptop version of this document are actually smaller than
the desktop version. When I look at the print preview on my laptop, the last
column is cut off. I do not understand why I don't have the same options in
terms of paper size on the now updated Excel on my laptop. It seems like the
paper size on the laptop isn't large enough even though it is supposedly
legal.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joyner

I just reinstalled Excel. White the specific offering of an 8 1/2 x 14 legal
page still doesn't show, I am getting the entire document now. Thank you
very much for your help.

"Doug Kanter" wrote:

"joyner" wrote in message
I have the same worksheet on two different computers. On my desktop, I can
set the page size to legal (it shows 8 1/2 x 14). My laptop only gives me
the choice of legal (no specific size) and the same data that fits fine on
the desktop computer does not fit on the laptop print out I just upgrade
the laptop to version 2003 but it still doesn't offer me a specific page
size. It also doesn't offer me to choose print quality (high, med., etc.)
I'd greatly appreciate help with this dilemna.

Are you sending the page to the same printer on both machines?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"joyner" wrote in message

"joyner" wrote:

[...]

There *IS* no paper size on any computer - just a HOPEFUL paper size. The
printable area is determined by the printer, which is why I asked if you
were trying to use the exact same printer on both computers.