Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
caliskier

Default How do you write an if statement that replaces #DIV/0! with 0

Hello,

My title asks my question, but we have a link that pulls in an answer
from another sheet that is #div/0! on the other sheet, but I can't
change the data on the sheet that has the #div/0! error. So I am
trying to write an if statment that gives 0 as a result instead of the
#div/0! error. Any ideas?

--
caliskier
caliskier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25887

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=IF(ISERROR(Sheet2!A1),"",Sheet2!A1)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"caliskier" wrote
in message ...

Hello,

My title asks my question, but we have a link that pulls in an answer
from another sheet that is #div/0! on the other sheet, but I can't
change the data on the sheet that has the #div/0! error. So I am
trying to write an if statment that gives 0 as a result instead of the
#div/0! error. Any ideas?

--
caliskier
caliskier's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520832

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

A1 = #DIV/0!

=IF(ISERROR(A1),0,your_formula_here))

Biff

"caliskier" wrote
in message ...

Hello,

My title asks my question, but we have a link that pulls in an answer
from another sheet that is #div/0! on the other sheet, but I can't
change the data on the sheet that has the #div/0! error. So I am
trying to write an if statment that gives 0 as a result instead of the
#div/0! error. Any ideas?

--
caliskier
caliskier's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520832

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:12:55 -0600, caliskier
wrote:

Hello,

My title asks my question, but we have a link that pulls in an answer
from another sheet that is #div/0! on the other sheet, but I can't
change the data on the sheet that has the #div/0! error. So I am
trying to write an if statment that gives 0 as a result instead of the
#div/0! error. Any ideas?

=IF(ERROR.TYPE(cell_ref)=2,0,A12)

The other responses will result in a 0 for any error. However, this formula
should be specific for a #DIV/0 error.

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
caliskier

Thanks all, great helped alot!!

--
caliskier
caliskier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25887
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520832

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

wrote:

Hello,

My title asks my question, but we have a link that pulls in an answer
from another sheet that is #div/0! on the other sheet, but I can't
change the data on the sheet that has the #div/0! error. So I am
trying to write an if statment that gives 0 as a result instead of the
#div/0! error. Any ideas?

=IF(ERROR.TYPE(cell_ref)=2,0,A12)

The other responses will result in a 0 for any error. However, this formula
should be specific for a #DIV/0 error.

--ron

That should be:

=IF(ERROR.TYPE(cell_ref)=2,0,cell_ref)