Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR573PUTT

Default Look Up Reference Formula

I am trying to reference location numbers on sheet 1 to location numbers
on sheet 2. If the location number is on sheet 1, I want to return a
value of 'Y' if the same location number is on sheet 2.

sheet 1
location fall 05
123 Y
456
678 Y

sheet 2
location
123
333
678

Location 123 and 678 are listed on sheet 2, therefore I want to return
the value of "Y".

It does not have to be a "Y", if it is easier, it can return a value of
"1".

--
JR573PUTT
JR573PUTT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31587

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Have a look at Chip's excellent site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tractingCommon

Andy.

"JR573PUTT" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR573PUTT

These Formulas Only Reference A Single List, And Do Not Seem To Apply To
My Problem. I Am Comparing 2 Separate List, Let Me Know If You Don't
Understand My Problem, I Will Restate It.

--
JR573PUTT
JR573PUTT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31587
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520749

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this alongside 123 on sheet1, assuming 123 is in cell A2
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A2)0,"Y","")
and fill down the column (assuming your second sheet is called Sheet2 and
your range of numbers is in column A)

Andy.

"JR573PUTT" wrote
in message ...

These Formulas Only Reference A Single List, And Do Not Seem To Apply To
My Problem. I Am Comparing 2 Separate List, Let Me Know If You Don't
Understand My Problem, I Will Restate It.

--
JR573PUTT
JR573PUTT's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520749

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR573PUTT

I am trying to reference location numbers on sheet 1 to location
numbers
on sheet 2. If the location number is on sheet 1, I want to return a
value of 'Y' if the same location number is on sheet 2.

sheet 1
location fall 05
123 Y
456
678 Y

sheet 2
location
123
333
678

Location 123 and 678 are listed on sheet 2, therefore I want to return
the value of "Y" ON SHEET 1 IN CEL B1 AND B3 BECAUSE 123 ON SHEET 1 IN
A1 AND A3 ARE LISTED ON SHEET 2.

It does not have to be a "Y", if it is easier, it can return a value
of
"1".

--
JR573PUTT
JR573PUTT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31587
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520749

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the formula I've just posted and fill it down the column. Does that give
you the result you want?

Andy.

"JR573PUTT" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR573PUTT

YES, that worked, I did the exact formula but forgot the " " for the Y
the first time, thanks.

--
JR573PUTT
JR573PUTT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31587
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520749

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's OK! Thanks for the feedback.
If formulas are posted within a reply on a newsgroup like this, it's easy to
just drag your mouse over the formula to select it and use Ctrl+C to copy it
and Ctrl+V to paste it into your sheet. This means that you won't make
errors transferring the formula.

Andy.

"JR573PUTT" wrote
in message ...