Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nooby

Default drop-down list

I've suddenly been told I need to maintain a large spreadsheet. The one
change I want to make is create a cell with a drop down list that
doesn't allow any other values. I am so confused by all the options
available.
I did a =value("YES","NO","N/A") and this seems to drop down OK, but
another value can be typed into the cell. I am probably
overcomplicationg this issue, but how do I restrict to the above
values? Is there a different method I should use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

See Debra Dalgleish's website for really good instructions:

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Nooby" wrote:

I've suddenly been told I need to maintain a large spreadsheet. The one
change I want to make is create a cell with a drop down list that
doesn't allow any other values. I am so confused by all the options
available.
I did a =value("YES","NO","N/A") and this seems to drop down OK, but
another value can be typed into the cell. I am probably
overcomplicationg this issue, but how do I restrict to the above
values? Is there a different method I should use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nooby

Excellent. Thank you.