Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian Mosher

Default Compare 2 sheets

I work for a pharmacy and I have 2 spreadsheets in a workbook. One is a list
of all of the drugs we have in stock, sheet1. The other, sheet 2, is a list
of drugs that we have to do a certain thing with. I need to compare the 2 and
pull out every drug that is on sheet 1 AND sheet 2. What would be the easiest
way to accomplish this? I use Excel 2000. I know how to use macros, and I
know a little VB, but not enough to write something up from scratch.

Thanks,

Brian Mosher
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Personally, I would use a VLOOKUP, looking up the LONGEST list against the
SHORTEST list.....something like
=VLOOKUP(A1ofLongList,EntireShortList,1,false).... but you are at the mercy of
spelling errors, etc.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3