Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Link

Default insert Rows with Formulas in Place on Multiple Sheets?

Hey everyone:

I have a workbook with 8 sheets. Cells A1:A400 need to be identical on each
sheet. On sheets 2 through 8, I use =Sheet 1!AX (where X is the row number)
to pick up the info from the corresponding cell on Sheet 1 so I only need to
enter changes once.

I sometimes need to add rows. However, the cells in column A still need to
correspond across sheets. On Sheet 1, I select the place where a row needs to
insert and then select all sheets so that the row I insert goes in on all
sheets.

The problem is, the new row is blank, and on sheets 2 through 8 I have to do
an autofill from the row above to get the pick-up formula into the new
row. This is easy, I know, but is there a way to get the row inserted on
sheets 2-8 to have the =Sheet 1!AX formula already in place? There have
been many instances where users forget to do the autofill or do it
incorrectly (!), with the result that things get out of sync in the workbook.
Besides, we often have workbooks with many more sheets, so that even doing
autofill on each sheet can be slow.

Please please please help! Is there maybe a macro that will do this? (I can
always hook it up to a button on sheet 1 so users can just click it and go.)

M. Link