Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Erika

Default Template becomes Unprotected

I have created an Expense Template for associates to use. All formulas are
protected and some cells are unlocked so they can make entires. Every once
in awhile I get an expense template back and a formula has been modified - I
know that no one knows the password - how can the formulas be changing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

Are you sure they are using your template, not a new file they've dummied up
to look just like your template? Compare those modified files to your
template by checking File-Properties and looking to see if the Author is the
same.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Erika

Are you sure you have enabled Worksheet Protection after protecting cells?

Having said that.................Excel security is very poor when it comes to
worksheet passwords and protection.

Send me your file and I'll crack your password in seconds, change your formulas
and send it back to you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:34:39 -0800, Erika
wrote:

I have created an Expense Template for associates to use. All formulas are
protected and some cells are unlocked so they can make entires. Every once
in awhile I get an expense template back and a formula has been modified - I
know that no one knows the password - how can the formulas be changing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Erika

I know that cracking passwords is very easy to do but when the formulas do
not calculate correctly - the reimbursement they are receiving is not
accurate and they are actually losing money so I don't think they are
modifying the formulas on purpose.