Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Irshad Alam

Default print the balance of second page on same page

I have a sheet which has several columns and hundred of rows.

Now I need to print only first two column, which I have selected and set the
print area. Its fine, on preview it shows normal. the first page, second
page etc.
BUt my requirement is that before moving to next page, is it possible to
print at the side of the same page as it has enough space, so that it can
reduce my pages.
For example, I word and and Ms Access we have this option that for printing
we increase the number of colunm and its width.

Please advise its method to be done.

Regards.

Irshad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joker

One way is to create a formula on the next sheet of your workbook. Sheet 2
for example. In cell A1 type = then go back to the first page and click on
cell A1 on that sheet. Hit Enter. Your formula in cell A1 of sheet 2 will be
=Sheet1!A1. You can copy this formula down the column until you get to the
bottom of the page (lets say there are 52 rows for page 1. Repeat for column
B. Now you can do the formula in cell D1 but it will be =Sheet!A53. Copy this
formula down the column until you get to D52. Repeat for column E. All of the
pertinant information you need from Sheet 1 will be pulled into Sheet 2 and
you can just print that sheet. Hope this helps.

"Irshad Alam" wrote:

I have a sheet which has several columns and hundred of rows.

Now I need to print only first two column, which I have selected and set the
print area. Its fine, on preview it shows normal. the first page, second
page etc.
BUt my requirement is that before moving to next page, is it possible to
print at the side of the same page as it has enough space, so that it can
reduce my pages.
For example, I word and and Ms Access we have this option that for printing
we increase the number of colunm and its width.

Please advise its method to be done.

Regards.

Irshad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
broro183

Hi Irshad,

I'm sure I have seen a solution to your problem recently, however my
quick Google didn't find it. The best suggestion I spotted was on Dave
Ritchie's page:
http://www.geocities.com/davemcritch...l/snakecol.htm

- I haven't tried it but it may help you.

Hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068