Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Johnopp

Default how do I aggregate dates

Did anyone figure out how to do this? There is a posting from CommuterVet
that ends with a problem that countif only took the last one.

I have a sales forecast that is by day,month,year, and I want to subtotal by
month or put it into a pivot table and have it aggregate by month, but I
can't seem to be able to do it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Assumes dates in column A and Sales in B then following will give total for
March.

Change 3 to a cell if you the month value stored in a cell

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$2:$A$100)=3),--($B$2:$B$100))

C2=3

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$2:$A$100)=C2),--($B$2:$B$100))

HTH

"Johnopp" wrote:

Did anyone figure out how to do this? There is a posting from CommuterVet
that ends with a problem that countif only took the last one.

I have a sales forecast that is by day,month,year, and I want to subtotal by
month or put it into a pivot table and have it aggregate by month, but I
can't seem to be able to do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Johnopp

Here is what I have:=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(G3:G73)=G3),(H3:H73))
I have dates in column G and the product amounts in column H. I am getting
a zero with no message. The date format in G3 is month/year under
"datevalue" as I had to convert a text date. Do I need to have a month
number only or a month? I got the file from Microsoft CRM.

"Johnopp" wrote:

Did anyone figure out how to do this? There is a posting from CommuterVet
that ends with a problem that countif only took the last one.

I have a sales forecast that is by day,month,year, and I want to subtotal by
month or put it into a pivot table and have it aggregate by month, but I
can't seem to be able to do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(G3:G73)=Month(G3)),--(H3:H73))

"Johnopp" wrote:

Did anyone figure out how to do this? There is a posting from CommuterVet
that ends with a problem that countif only took the last one.

I have a sales forecast that is by day,month,year, and I want to subtotal by
month or put it into a pivot table and have it aggregate by month, but I
can't seem to be able to do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
steven1001

If you want to do the aggregation by month in the pivot table you could
just use the 'group by' pivot table functionality, or add an extra
column to the data as =text(<date,"yyyy-mm") then use that field
directly in the pivot table.

regards..

--
steven1001