Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
N Locatis

Default how do you renumber column in your excel table

I am first time user in excel and my information for each column remains as
entry No. 1. How do I remove that as No. 1 and the entry of the name of first
party becomes the No. 1 entry? Thanks for your help. N. Locatis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Those row headers (and column headers) can't be changed from what excel offers.
(Headers can be numbers or letters, though.)

You can turn them off so they're not visible.

But most people who use excel are familiar with them and would expect them to be
there (a sweeping generalization).

You could insert another column and use that for your record number. But it'll
be up to you to make sure your numbering is correct.

--

Dave Peterson