Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue

Default Excel Pivot table

How do I add Text fields to the data area in a pivot table. When I try to
add a text column to the data area it automatically converts it to a number
and displays a number. I have tried formatting to text and it doesnt work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

The data area won't display text fields as text. You can add the field
to the row area, where the text will be displayed. Then add another
field to the data area, to show the count of the text fields.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List