Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jill

Default Dates: How many entries per week?

I have a spreadsheet with entries by date. I would like to know how many
entries per week there are. I have created a list of beginning dates for
weeks, as in a1=8/17/05, a2=8/24/05 and was attempting to count for datea1
and <a2.
Is there an easy way to do this?

Alternative is there a way to count how many entries per month?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rogerio Takejame

If your dates are in cells A5:A50, you can try this matrix formula:

=SUM(IF(AND(A5:A50A1;A5:A50<A2);1;0))

Remember that matrix formulas MUST be finished with a CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

--
Rogerio Takejame
Americana - Sao Paulo - Brazil

"Jill" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with entries by date. I would like to know how many
entries per week there are. I have created a list of beginning dates for
weeks, as in a1=8/17/05, a2=8/24/05 and was attempting to count for datea1
and <a2.
Is there an easy way to do this?

Alternative is there a way to count how many entries per month?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jill

This is not working for me. I get an error message about Logical1 that points
to a1. Should A1 not be a date? I have it as the 8/7/05 of the first date to
check against.

Thanks

"Jill" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with entries by date. I would like to know how many
entries per week there are. I have created a list of beginning dates for
weeks, as in a1=8/17/05, a2=8/24/05 and was attempting to count for datea1
and <a2.
Is there an easy way to do this?

Alternative is there a way to count how many entries per month?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rogerio Takejame

OK, try this one that is simpler: