Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ripper

Default Lock Cell After Data Entry

Is there a way to lock a cell from edit or delete after a person has entered
data into it?

I am using Excel as a survey tool in a class. Each student will create a
survey and then the students will rotate around the lab and take each
student's survey. I don't want a student messing with the former student's
data by changing the answer. Therefore I need to lock or hide the answer
after the student entered it.
--
Thanks As Always
Rip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

Ripper, you could some code in the sheet module, right click on the sheet
tab view code like this,

'Automatically Protecting After Input

'unlock all cells in the range first
Dim MyRange As Range

Const Password = "123" '**Change password here**

Set MyRange = Intersect(Range("A1:B10,C5"), Target) '**change range
here**

If Not MyRange Is Nothing Then

Unprotect Password:=Password

MyRange.Locked = True