Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harpscardiff

Default Catergory & Sub Catergoy

Hi There,

I'm creating a form, I want to be a able to select a catergory in one
txtbox and based on a catergory another txt box has different
options.

for example:

catergory selected hardware

sub catergory, in the form of a drop down: PC Base Unit, monitor,
keybaord, mouse, printer.

i'm struggling to do this - any ehlpw ould be much apprecited.

Thanks

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25960

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

See Debra Dalgliesh's Data Validation basics at this link. Includes
instructions on how to accomplish your task

"harpscardiff" wrote:

Hi There,

I'm creating a form, I want to be a able to select a catergory in one
txtbox and based on a catergory another txt box has different
options.

for example:

catergory selected hardware

sub catergory, in the form of a drop down: PC Base Unit, monitor,
keybaord, mouse, printer.

i'm struggling to do this - any ehlpw ould be much apprecited.

Thanks

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25960
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517311

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Have a look here for some help:

Andy.

"harpscardiff"
wrote in message
news:harpscardiff.23y1sm_1141137601.3008@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi There,

I'm creating a form, I want to be a able to select a catergory in one
txtbox and based on a catergory another txt box has different
options.

for example:

catergory selected hardware

sub catergory, in the form of a drop down: PC Base Unit, monitor,
keybaord, mouse, printer.

i'm struggling to do this - any ehlpw ould be much apprecited.

Thanks

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517311

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harpscardiff

thanks for that guys,

I was aware how to do it in excel, but i'm not sure how to code it via
VBA....any ideas?

Thanks again.