Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anayray

Default Is there a way to tally 3 different values in one column?

Is there a way to pull the tally of 3 different values and have the tally
posted to a diffrernt column. Example: One colum has 16 ones 63 twos and 97
threes, but this inforamtion is listed sorted within one column. I do not
want to sort, as it will alter my input dates. is there a formula where I can
extract the total tally of each indvidual number 1, 2, 3, and have that tally
in a different feild?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveG

Use the SUMIF function. Where A is your range.

For 1

=SUMIF($A$1:$A$176,1,$A$1:$A$176)

Change the 1 in the formula to sum the other values (2,3)

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Perhaps one of these methods will help:

Try the COUNTIF function.
Example: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,2)
That counts the number of cells in the range A1:A100 that only contain the
number 2.

OR
You could try a Pivot Table. It would automatically create a table of
unique values in your range and display the count of each item.
(If you decide to use a Pivot table and need more help, just post your
questions)

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron