Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Markl

Default Pivot Tables - Can I get back to my original Data

I have a pivot table but have lost my original data.

What can I do to see the data in the original format (i.e. before I put
it into a pivot table)

Thanks

--
Markl
Markl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13482

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Brown

You could make sure that all page fields are displayed as all, no fields
are hidden, make sure you have a Grand Total at the bottom of your pivot
table and simply double click on this total, your original data should
be displayed. There are two exceptions to this 1) If you have the
option Save data with table unchecked you won't be able to drill down
on the data or 2) The total number of rows of data exceeds 65,536 (the
maximum rows of data in a sheet

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17084