Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
caloy

Default help with excel number string

I have a string of numbers, 25 characters long which is in a cell. Iam
looking to find a function/solution so that I can place each individual value
within the string into individual cells.

Ex.
131112213111231111223311 - this string is in cell A1
I want to distribute each number into individual cells (ex. B1 through AA1)
--
Caloyski
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

=MID($A$1;COLUMN(A1);1)

Copy to the right

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"caloy" wrote in message
I have a string of numbers, 25 characters long which is in a cell. Iam
looking to find a function/solution so that I can place each individual
value
within the string into individual cells.

Ex.
131112213111231111223311 - this string is in cell A1
I want to distribute each number into individual cells (ex. B1 through
AA1)
--
Caloyski

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arvi Laanemets

Hu

Use Text To Columns feature - select Fixed Width, and divide the column into
25 single-character columns (NB! you must have 24 free columns to right of
column with data!)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"caloy" wrote in message
I have a string of numbers, 25 characters long which is in a cell. Iam
looking to find a function/solution so that I can place each individual
value
within the string into individual cells.

Ex.
131112213111231111223311 - this string is in cell A1
I want to distribute each number into individual cells (ex. B1 through
AA1)
--
Caloyski

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc