Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
alice

Default Ratios

I'm trying to display the ratio between two cells so that it looks like 2:1.

How do I go about this?

Alice
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Alice

In a post yesterday, JE McGimpsey answered the following

Hi! I am trying to figure out how to express a ratio in excel. I
need to
express the following: 1.20:1 instead of just 1.20. Can I do that
somehow?

with

One way:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom 0.00\:1

I hope this helps

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"alice" wrote in message
I'm trying to display the ratio between two cells so that it looks
like 2:1.

How do I go about this?

Alice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

assume 1.20 is in cell A1

in cell A2 enter concatenate(A1,":1")

if you only want to use cell A1 format the cell selecting custom,
choose 0.00 and then type in ":1" after the last zero

robert111

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996