Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cindax

Default Prevent excel changing numbers data to dates.

Help, im going crazy trying to paste data from a web page into excel and keep
the original format but every time I paset something that could be a date (eg
4/4) it changes the cell to a date (eg 4-April)

How do I stop it doing this?

I have tried changing the format of the cell to be text or numbers only but
that does not work, I have tried pasting the data into a notepad (converting
it into plain text) first, then into excel with limited success.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Cindax" wrote in message
Help, im going crazy trying to paste data from a web page into excel and
keep
the original format but every time I paset something that could be a date
(eg
4/4) it changes the cell to a date (eg 4-April)

How do I stop it doing this?

I have tried changing the format of the cell to be text or numbers only
but
that does not work, I have tried pasting the data into a notepad
(converting
it into plain text) first, then into excel with limited success.

Having set the format to text or numbers, have you tried Paste Special,
rather than just Paste?
--
David Biddulph