Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BigPig

Default user form question: text box to display result

How, in a user form, do I get a text box to display the appropriate name of a
person after a listbox/combo box in the same user form is used to select
'ssn'?

Example: I have an excel database that draws from a sharable access
database. I have another worksheet (what I call a form which is not a user
form) that uses index/match/vlookup and named cell ranges to select data from
the excel database. It works great, however the file size is too large
(500kb), and then each applicants name is saved, and as such takes up a lot
of space. So I had the idea of creating a user form that allows the user to
select via combo box the appropriate ssn, and subsequently the idea is to get
all of the other text boxes (last name, first, etc...) filled in. Then if the
data is not correct (because the access database is not always updated
correctly), then the user can correct or update the text boxes in the user
form (just the user form). Lastly, once the data in the user form is correct,
a command button is used to take the info in the userform and put it in the
appropriate cells in the 'form' (not user form). Following that I would save
that specific worksheet via command button into a specific folder, with the
updated data and save myself a lot of space.

Please help.