Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Colin

Default Help on lookups

Hi can anyone help please.
I am building an order form
I have put Validation lists in a number of columns, and I want to atomaticly
ad in a product code from another list, given the data selected in the other
columns, can this be done?
Thanks in advance.
Colin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Colin,
Have a look at this excellent site:

"Colin" wrote:

Hi can anyone help please.
I am building an order form
I have put Validation lists in a number of columns, and I want to atomaticly
ad in a product code from another list, given the data selected in the other
columns, can this be done?
Thanks in advance.
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Hi Colin,

Vlookup would seem to do what you want.

=VLOOKUP(F1,$J$1:$K$5,2,0)

Where F1 is the dropdown with the item, J1:J5 is a list of the items in the
dropdown and K1:K5 are the associated product codes for the items.

HTH
Regards,
Howard