Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toxie

Default Splash Screen Startup

I created a splash screen to run on my excel workbook startup, everything is
working fine except I cannot figure something out. how do I protect, set the
property of the form or whatever so that when the splash screen comes up for
5 seconds the user cannot click on the text boxes that are on the screen?
When it starts up now you can see the spot where the curser is and you can
click on any text box, I dont want the user to see the curser or be able to
click on the startup screen. what do I need to change for this to happen?

Thanks for all your help!
Toxie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChelseaWarren

Set the properties for each text box to Locked (on the Protection tab for
format object). Then use Tools Protection to protect the sheet. Once you
protect the sheet the user won't be able to select any of the text boxes.

Behind the text boxes already showing, place another large rectangle
covering the rest of the splash screen. This way if the user clicks on an
area, they're not clicking on a cell.